Sunday, January 21, 2018

Blog Entry #1





Hello Class! My Name is Kaila Chizer and I am a senior here at the one and only THE University of Houston. WHOSE HOUSE😊! My major is Public Health with a minor in primary education, I am also a Student-Athlete on the Women's Basketball team Here at the university. I love working with children and exploring the world through their eyes. I believe its our duty to teach and to raise the leaders of tommorow the best we possibly can in order to secure a better future for not only them but also to people, countries, and the world around them.


Blog Video post#1 : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvu0FKcSdI8&t=6s

6 comments:

  1. Hello Kaila! Thank you for sharing about yourself to us! I think it is amazing that you are minoring in education. I also think it is awesome that you are also majoring in something else. All of the experiences that you shared in your video will prepare you for the children you will be influencing. In teaching, our own experiences will influence how you handle situation in your teaching. Although you are not fluent in a second language you know what it is like to learn another language and now you will be able to use that experience to help you accommodate to students who do not have English as their first language. According to Wright (2015), even within the large group of Spanish-speaking ELLs, there is great diversity (p. 10). We learn that even Spanish speaking students come from many different countries and towns, and your experience with taking a Spanish class and indulging in the culture is a great way to learn about another language and country! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for watching my blog! Yes , I made it a point to major and minor in different subjects to widen and get a diverse amount of education and experiences throughout my college years. Although (like you said) I hope to become fluent in spanish in the future I feel that with the education I have now about learning another lanaguge and the procces their is I feel that I will have a slight heads up above others who are also in the process of learning another language. Thank you for taking the time to watch and listen to my blog! See you in BLOG #2!

      Delete
    2. Kaila! I think that is a wonderful idea. I think your drive to become fluent in Spanish will only prepare you more on how to accommodate to ELLs. We are in a giving profession and I think your passion and humbleness is exactly what is needed to be a great educator. I look forward to watching more of your blogs!

      Delete
  2. Hello Keila,

    So glad I clicked on your Blog, I'm happy to see that diversity is important for you, it is for me too. My best friend is also a different race from mine and as much as she enjoys learning from my culture I also enjoy learning about hers. It is important that we embrace diversity especially in a state of Texas where there are many races and languages. According to the demographics, immigrant children for the Hispanic language is at 56% (Fortuny & Chaudry, 2011, p.5). Therefore I believe you chose a good language in school to learn about. I also very happy that your school districts has inputted that requisite about learning a different language before graduation. Because there is a need to learn about other languages not just our primary to help others. I am happy you have learned about the Hispanic culture and are familiar with their language.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Diversity is extremely important to me, I feel that the way the world is going now We can all use these young kids as an example of how resilent we should and can be. Thank you for taking the time to watch and listen to my blog! See you in BLOG #2!

      Delete
    2. Yes this is one of the reasons why I really enjoy attending the University of Houston because it is one of the most diverse campuses, we have so many different cultures and languages which makeup U of H's backbone. See you in Blog 2!

      Delete

Blog #4 The Final Blog!

Upon entering this class I didn’t quite understand the need or use for it. I understood the need for more teachers all around and I...